Orzo Pasta Salad is a superb twist on a traditional pasta salad recipe and is an ideal lunch or facet dish.
Tender riced-sized pasta is tossed with contemporary tomatoes, spinach, and chickpeas. It’s combined with straightforward lemon dressing and topped with feta cheese for the right chew!
Contemporary, tangy, and engaging recipe, serve it as a vegetarian important dish or alongside grilled rooster or shrimp.
Elements for Orzo Pasta Salad
ORZO – Since that is an orzo pasta salad, I take advantage of orzo, which is pasta formed like giant grains of rice. It may be discovered within the pasta aisle of just about any grocery retailer and it’s nice for salads or cooked and served sizzling. Any mini pasta can be utilized.
VEGGIES – Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes add a tangy freshness. We additionally love contemporary spinach (or massaged kale) on this orzo pasta salad recipe. Add in your favourite crisp and crunchy greens, virtually something goes.
CHICKPEAS – Chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) add texture and protein to this salad (however they aren’t the bottom of the salad like they’re in a Chickpea Salad).
BOLD FLAVORS: I add a little bit of purple onion and a few feta cheese together with a easy zesty home made dressing.
- add your fave veggies from chopped cauliflower to cucumbers or purple bell peppers
- stir in kalamata olives, chopped artichokes, or sundried tomatoes
- earlier than serving, sprinkle with contemporary herbs like contemporary mint, dill, parsley, or contemporary basil
- swap the feta for goat cheese
Dressing for Orzo Pasta Salad
This dressing takes simply a few minutes however you need to use any French dressing for an Orzo Pasta Salad.
- Use a lightweight flavored olive oil, further virgin olive oil could be a bit bitter for dressings.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon honey instead of sugar if desired
- lemon zest or contemporary dill might be added
- to make it quick, shake the dressing in a mason jar with a lid
To Make Orzo Pasta Salad
This orzo pasta salad is tremendous straightforward to organize.
- Whisk collectively orzo salad dressing substances.
- Cook dinner orzo till tender, then drain and funky.
- Mix all substances in a big bowl and toss with dressing. Season with salt and black pepper to style.
Make Forward for the Greatest Taste
- Cook dinner the orzo and rinse beneath chilly water to cease it from cooking.
- Whisk dressing substances and refrigerate for as much as 2 days.
- Refrigerate not less than one hour earlier than serving. Re-toss earlier than serving.
- This salad incorporates plenty of contemporary substances and they’ll maintain for just a few days however it’s greatest served inside about 48 hours.
Maintain some tomatoes and feta apart for garnish if desired.
Extra Tasty Pasta Salads
Straightforward Orzo Pasta Salad
This straightforward orzo pasta salad is a enjoyable Mediterranean twist on a traditional pasta salad. With tomatoes, spinach and garbanzo beans, it’s filled with taste!
Cook dinner orzo till tender. Cool.
Mix all dressing substances in a small bowl and whisk.
Mix orzo with remaining salad substances.
Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate not less than 1 hour earlier than serving
Energy: 309, Carbohydrates: 39g, Protein: 10g, Fats: 13g, Saturated Fats: 3g, Ldl cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 122mg, Potassium: 341mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 990IU, Vitamin C: 7.8mg, Calcium: 90mg, Iron: 2.3mg
(Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.)