Are you on the lookout for a enjoyable twist on broccoli salad? This Vegan Mandarin Orange Broccoli Salad is the proper mixture of a mandarin orange salad and a traditional broccoli salad.
The broccoli is completely roasted, the dressing is scrumptious, and it makes for an excellent wholesome meal prep salad for the week! Make it in the present day!
Favourite Vegan Broccoli Salad
This isn’t your common broccoli salad, it’s a scrumptious, VEGAN broccoli salad. Get pumped.
Have you ever ever made a creamy vegan broccoli salad? We have now a standard wholesome broccoli salad with bacon on the location that’s made with Greek yogurt and slightly mayo, however it’s removed from a vegan salad!
We needed to create a broccoli salad that was creamy and vegan. We simply love our vegan pesto pasta salad and our vegan cheese sauce. We are able to’t get sufficient of the creamy cashew sauce and thought it could be good in a broccoli salad. Now let’s get all the way down to enterprise.
Mandarin Orange Broccoli Salad Elements
The fixings on this vegan broccoli salad are a few of our favorites! This wholesome broccoli salad has the proper mixture of candy and savory and has the proper quantity of crunch!
- Broccoli- We determined to roast the broccoli for this vegan Asian broccoli salad to present the salad a scrumptious roasted taste. It’s so scrumptious!
- Olive Oil- Olive oil is a good supply of wholesome fat and it offers any salad a terrific taste!
- Mandarin Oranges- Not solely do mandarin oranges carry me again to childhood, however they’re a terrific candy addition to this broccoli salad. They offer you slightly sweetness and vitamin C!
- Raisins- Raisins hold you common and are excessive in wholesome sugars to present you slightly enhance of vitality all through the day.
- Purple Onion- Purple onions are nutrient-dense! They pack a ton of nutritional vitamins are a low-carbohydrate vegetable. They offer nice taste to any salad. If you happen to don’t like uncooked crimson onions, strive sauteing the crimson onion earlier than including it to the salad.
- Slivered Almonds- Be happy to decide on any nut for this broccoli salad. We selected slivered almonds as a result of they provide a crunch and they’re antioxidant-rich!
- Sesame Seeds- Sesame seeds are a terrific supply of plant protein and also you simply can’t beat the mushy, but crunchy texture they provide to any salad. In case you are out of sesame seeds, strive changing them with hemp hearts. They provide the same texture!
The right way to Make Vegan Salad Dressing
This vegan salad dressing is much like the dressing we utilized in our Creamy Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad. You simply can’t beat the creaminess that could be a cashew cream sauce. I really like the quantity of protein that’s packed into this sauce, particularly for individuals who do comply with a vegan way of life.
Soak the Cashews
The important thing to tremendous creamy cashew sauce is to soak your cashews appropriately. You need them to interrupt down sufficient for them to melt. There are two alternative ways to soak cashews for this dressing:
- In a single day- Cowl the cashews with water and allow them to soak in a single day.
- Flash Soak- Deliver a small pot of water to a boil and add the cashews to the boiling water. Let sit for a minimum of quarter-hour earlier than mixing.
Mix all of the Elements
As soon as the cashews are mushy all it’s important to do is add the entire dressing substances right into a high-powered blender. That is key! Be sure you have a high-powered blender or a high-powered meals processor to pulverize and cream the dressing! That’s it! Pour the creamy cashew dressing over the broccoli salad and you’ve got heaven in a bowl!
Wholesome Vegan Salad Recipes
Mandarin Orange Broccoli Salad
- 6 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 11 oz. can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely diced crimson onion
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Broccoli Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Unfold broccoli florets out on the baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and roast within the oven for 20-25 minutes or till broccoli has browned (however not mushy).
- Subsequent, place Mandarin oranges, raisins, crimson onion, slivered almonds, and sesame seeds into a big bowl and put aside.
- Put together vegan broccoli salad dressing by putting all dressing substances right into a high-speed blender and mix all substances collectively till easy.* Put aside.
- Take away broccoli from the oven, let it cool, after which add broccoli to the remainder of the salad substances and blend.
- Pour broccoli salad dressing over the broccoli salad and blend effectively. Be sure all broccoli salad substances are coated in dressing.
- Place within the fridge to sit back. Get pleasure from!
Ideas & Notes
- If the dressing is just too thick, add water by the tablespoon till it reaches the specified consistency.
Serving Dimension: 1/8
Key phrases: mandarin orange broccoli salad